Knives are extremely multipurpose by nature. However, the blade of the knife tends to become duller on rigorous use, especially chef knives which are used for culinary purposes. Learning how to sharpen your knives is an extremely useful skill because a knife that is sharp works better in slicing food and also lets you work faster.The different kind of electric knife sharpeners available at www.mytoolsgallery.com/best-electric-knife-sharpeners must check and pick the best one.
Advantages Of Sharpening Knives
- Lesser Force While Cutting: Blunt knives require greater force while cutting or chopping and hence require more energy. Moreover, when we apply more force, we tend to cause more damage, especially when I am chopping delicate items like herbs or small vegetables. A sharp knife would help you to work faster and smoother.
- It is safer: A blunt knife might slip through while cutting which will cause injuries.
- Sharpening gives you more control: You can sharpen the knives according to how you want to use them and what for you want to use them.
Advantages Of Electric Sharpener
With the advent of technology, electric knife sharpener has been in vogue for quite some time now. An electric knife sharpener is the most convenient and easiest among the different kind of knife sharpeners available in the market. It has some disadvantages, no doubt, but the advantages outweigh the cons. Must check different kitchen knife and other important equipment on www.mytoolsgallery.com Here are the Advantages of electric knife sharpener:
- Does not require professional skill: They do not require top-notch ability or skill and are user-friendly, so it is a blessing for beginners, whereas manual sharpeners require a fair amount of skills.
- Takes very less time: It takes hardly takes a minute or two to sharpen a blunt knife. If the knife requires few touch ups, it will take around maximum 30 seconds. Manual sharpeners take a lot of time.
- It is cost effective: Professional services are way costly and hard to find so with an electric sharpener you can easily sharpen your knifes.
- Electric tools have separate slots: There are different slots available for further sharpening of a knife that has gone too blunt.
How To Use An Electric Knife Sharpener
So here are the steps, showing how you can correctly use your electric knife sharpener:
- Switch on the power and ensure that the unit is on a flat surface. Use warm water to clean knife to remove any dirt or debris and dry it thoroughly with a towel.
- Slide the knife through the sharpening slot and hold it firmly so that the sharpening wheels are in contact with your knife.
- Slide your knife at least twice on each side.
- Check the sharpness of your knife by cutting something delicate, like paper. If it cuts through easily, you have achieved the desired sharpness.
The only disadvantage that an electric knife sharpener has is that they are expensive than the manual models. Moreover, they are not as compact as the manual sharpeners. However, the advantages of electrical sharpeners triumph over the disadvantages, making it a boon for the chefs in big hotels.